
循環杯借用服務
Bruce and Martina are friends. They are at a tea shop.
布魯斯和瑪蒂娜是朋友。他們在一家飲料店。
Bruce: Martina, did you notice that they no longer use plastic drinking cups? They use paper ones instead.
布魯斯:瑪蒂娜,你有注意到他們不再使用塑膠飲料杯了嗎?他們都改用紙杯了。
no longer不再instead(adv.)作為替代
Martina: That’s because Taipei City banned tea shops from serving single-use plastic cups.
瑪蒂娜:那是因為台北市禁止飲料店供應一次用的塑膠杯。
ban sb. from V-ing禁止某人做某事serve(v.)供應、提供
Bruce: But in that case, we can’t see the drinks from the outside. Those beautifully layered drinks and gradient drinks are covered by the paper cups.
布魯斯:但那樣一來,我們就沒辦法從外面看到飲料。那些漂亮的分層飲料和漸層飲料會被紙杯蓋住。
in that case 如果是那樣layered(adj.)分層的gradient drinks漸層飲料
Martina: I think it’s a must. In response to international trends, reducing plastic use is an important way to improve our environment. Look, I brought a reusable cup I just bought a few days ago.
瑪蒂娜:我覺得這是必要的。為了響應國際趨勢,減少使用塑膠是改善環境的重要方法。你看,我帶了前幾天剛買的環保杯。
in response to應對~、響應~trend(n.)趨勢、傾向reduce(v.)減少use(n.)(v.)使用; usable(adj.)可用的; reusable(adj.)可重複使用的
Bruce: It’s beautiful. I know that we can get a NT$5 discount if we bring our own cup.
布魯斯:很漂亮耶。我知道如果帶我們自己的杯子可以有五塊的折扣。
discount(n.)減價、打折
Martina: Yes. You can buy one, too.
瑪蒂娜:對啊。你也可以買一個。
Bruce: But I seldom buy beverages.
布魯斯:但我很少喝飲料。
beverage(n.)飲料
Martina: Have you heard of the reusable cup loan service? We can borrow cups from some convenience stores or fast food restaurants.
瑪蒂娜:你聽過循環杯借用服務嗎?我們可以向某些便利商店或是速食餐廳借用杯子。
loan(n.)貸款、借出、借入borrow(v.)借入; borrow sth. from sb.向某人借某物lend(v.)借出; lend sth. to sb.借給某人某物
Bruce: Wow. That sounds convenient.
布魯斯:哇。那聽起來很方便。
Martina: We can save money and protect our environment at the same time!
瑪蒂娜:我們可以同時省錢又保護環境!
at the same time同時