
準備開啟國門
Ellis and Rita are a couple. They are chatting.
艾里斯和瑞塔是一對情侶。他們正在聊天。
Ellis: Rita, some of my friends have traveled abroad. I want to go abroad as well.
艾里斯:瑞塔,我的一些朋友已經出國旅遊了。我也好想出國。
abroad(adv.)在國外、到國外
Rita: But we will be put under quarantine after arriving back in Taiwan.
瑞塔:但我們在回到台灣後就會被隔離耶。
be put under quarantine被隔離arrive(v.)抵達、到達
Ellis: The news says the government is set to lift border restrictions in about two weeks.
艾里斯:新聞說政府準備要在兩個禮拜後開啟國門了。
be set to do sth.要開始做某事lift(v.)抬起、撤銷border(n.)邊境、國境restriction(n.)限制
Rita: Really? Are they planning to end quarantine?
瑞塔:真的嗎?他們計劃要結束居家隔離了嗎?
end(v.)結束、終止
Ellis: Yes. But people still have to carry out seven days of self-health monitoring, including taking rapid tests.
艾里斯:是啊。但大家還是必須實施七天的自主防疫,包括做快篩。
carry out實施、執行health(n.)健康monitor(v.)監測self-health monitoring自我健康監測rapid(v.)快速的
Rita: Can we go out?
瑞塔:我們可以出門嗎?
Ellis: If we want to go out during this period, we have to test negative for two days.
艾里斯:如果我們在這段期間要出門的話,必須有兩天是快篩陰性。
during(prep.)在~期間period(n.)時期negative(adj.)負面的、呈陰性的
Rita: I see. If we test positive, we should remain under quarantine.
瑞塔:了解。如果是陽性的話,我們就應保持隔離。
positive(adj.)正面的、呈陽性的remain(v.)保持
Ellis: That’s right. So hopefully we can travel to other countries soon.
艾里斯:沒錯。所以但願我們很快就能去其他國家旅遊了。
Rita: I really miss the time when we didn’t have to wear masks.
瑞塔:我真想念不用戴口罩的日子。
mask(n.)口罩、面具