
國定假日「只補假」
Chloe and Jason are coworkers chatting at the office pantry.
克蘿伊和傑森是辦公室同事,正在茶水間聊天。
Chloe: Hey Jason, did you read the news about next year’s holidays?
克蘿伊:嘿,傑森,你看到關於明年假日的新聞了嗎?
news(n.)消息、新聞a piece of news一則新聞go on holiday去度假spend a holiday度過假期
Jason: No, what’s new?
傑森:沒有耶,有什麼變化?
Chloe: The government said we won’t need to work on Saturdays anymore to make up for long weekends.
克蘿伊:政府說以後不會為了補連假而星期六補班了。
government(n.)政府not…anymore不再make up for彌補、補償
Jason: Wait, so we just get the day off and that’s it?
傑森:真的假的?那就是放假,不用補班?
off(adv.)沒上班、休假That’s it.就這樣
Chloe: Yup! No more make-up workdays. Isn’t that great?
克蘿伊:對啊!不用再補班了,超棒的對吧?
workday(n.)上班日
Jason: That’s amazing! I always hated those make-up Saturdays.
傑森:太棒了!我一直很討厭那種補班的星期六。
Chloe: Me too. It really messes up the weekend.
克蘿伊:我也是,整個週末都被打亂了。
mess up弄亂、搞砸
Jason: So we just enjoy the break without any catch?
傑森:所以現在放假就真的可以好好休息?
catch(n.)隱藏的問題、暗藏的不利因素
Chloe: Exactly. And next year, we’ll have nine long weekends!
克蘿伊:沒錯!而且明年會有九個連假喔!
exactly(adv.)正是、完全沒錯
Jason: Wow! Time to start planning some trips!
傑森:哇!那我可以開始安排旅行了!
Time to VR…是時候做某事了