
拒絕垃圾食物
Ollie and Patricia work at the same company. It’s lunchtime. They’re chatting.
歐力和派翠西亞是同事。現在是午餐時間。
work at工作於company(n.)公司lunchtime午餐時間、dinnertime晚餐時間chat(v.)聊天
Patricia: What do you want for lunch?
派翠西亞:你午餐想要吃什麼?
Ollie: It’s your turn to decide. I decided yesterday.
歐力: 這次換你決定了,昨天是我決定的。
sb. turn輪到誰decide(v.)決定
Patricia: What about some Vietnamese noodles?
派翠西亞:吃越南河粉如何?
what about那~呢Vietnamese越南的、越南人、Vietnam越南noodle(n.)麵、通常複數
Ollie: No, you know I can’t eat sour or spicy food.
歐力:不要,你明明知道我不能吃酸辣食物。
sour(adj.)酸、spicy(adj.)辣、sweet(adj.)甜、salty(adj.)鹹、bitter(adj.)苦
Patricia: Oh right, your stomach can’t take it.
派翠西亞:啊,沒錯,你的腸胃會受不了。
stomach(n.)胃、肚子、stomachache肚子痛、have a strong or weak stomach易不易反胃take it忍受
Ollie: McDonald’s then?
歐力:麥當勞?
Patricia: Not again! We had fast food yesterday.
派翠西亞:不要,我們昨天才吃。
again再一次have-had-had(v.)吃、有
Ollie: It’s cheap and fast.
歐力:很便宜又快喔。
cheap(adj.)便宜、expensive(adj.)貴fast(adj.)迅速的
Patricia: But I don’t want to have junk food again.
派翠西亞:但我不想再吃垃圾食物 。
junk food垃圾食物、junk垃圾
Ollie: Do you have a better idea?
歐力:你有更好的主意嗎?
good-better-best(adj.)好的idea(n.)想法、主意
Patricia: Fine, let’s go downstairs.
派翠西亞:好啦,一起下樓吧。
let’s+RV讓我們做什麼downstairs(adv.)朝樓下、upstairs(adv.)朝樓上