
看到熊別跑
Lisa and Philip are chatting at a cafe after their trip to Japan.
莉莎和菲利浦在日本旅遊後的咖啡店聊天。
Lisa: Hey, Philip, did you watch that NHK video about bears in Japan?
莉莎:嘿,菲利浦,你有看NHK那支關於日本熊的影片嗎?
Philip: You mean the one with the person in the big brown bear costume?
菲利浦:你是說那個有人穿著大棕熊布偶裝的影片嗎?
costume(n.)(扮裝穿的)服裝、戲服
Lisa: Yeah! It was kind of cute but also a little scary.
莉莎:對啊!有點可愛,但也有點嚇人。
kind of有點scary(adj.)嚇人的、恐怖的/scared(adj.)感到害怕的
Philip: I know, right? I didn’t realize you’re not supposed to run if you see a bear.
菲利浦:我也是!我都不知道遇到熊不能跑耶。
realize(v.)了解、意識到be supposed to應該~、被認為要~
Lisa: Yeah, they said you should stay calm and slowly back away.
莉莎:嗯,他們說要保持冷靜,慢慢後退。
calm(adj.)冷靜的、平靜的back away向後退、退開
Philip: And if the bear charges at you?
菲利浦:那如果熊衝過來呢?
charge(v.)衝向、猛衝、收費
Lisa: Then you’re supposed to lie face down and protect your head and neck.
莉莎:那就要趴下,用手護住頭和脖子。
lie face down趴著protect(v.)保護/protect…from…保護~免於~
Philip: Wow… I really hope I’ll never have to try that!
菲利浦:哇⋯⋯我希望我永遠不用真的試這一招!
Lisa: Same here. I’d rather see bears only on TV — or in LINE stickers!
莉莎:我也是。我只想在電視上或LINE貼圖裡看到熊啦!
would rather VR寧願、寧可would rather not VR寧願不要