
我想學一個新語言
The year 2019 is coming to an end. Patricia is writing a note when Ollie comes to talk to her.
2019就要邁入尾聲。歐力來找派翠西亞說話的時候,她在寫一張紙條。
come to an end來到尾聲note(n.)便條
Ollie: Hey, are you ready to go?
歐力:嘿,準備好了嗎?
be ready to+RV準備好
Patricia: Wait, just let me finish this.
派翠西亞:等等,讓我寫完。
let+RV讓、使、使役動詞finish(v.)結束
Ollie: What’s this?
歐力:這是什麼?
Patricia: My New Year’s resolutions.
派翠西亞:我的新年新希望。
Ollie: Do you mean your new goals for 2020?
歐力:是2020年的新目標嗎?
goal(n.)目標、射門成功
Patricia: Correct! I want to learn a language and use it when I travel.
派翠西亞:正是!我想要學一個新語言,希望在旅行時能派上用場。
correct正確use(v.)使用travel(v.)旅遊
Ollie: Cool!
歐力:很讚!
Patricia: What about you? Any thoughts?
派翠西亞:那你呢?有什麼想法嗎?
thought(n.)想法
Ollie: Hmm. I want to get into the habit of reading.
歐力:我想想,我想要養成閱讀的習慣。
get into the habit of養成習慣=develop the habit of
Patricia: That’s a very good idea. Well, let’s hope for the best!
派翠西亞:很棒耶!希望我們的希望都能夠實現!