
鳳梨酥還是雞精?
It is almost Lunar New Year. Jason meets Emily at the mall. They are both looking for gifts for their families.
農曆新年快到了。傑森在購物中心遇到艾蜜莉。他們都在為家人挑選禮物。
look for尋找
Jason: Hi Emily! Are you shopping for Lunar New Year?
傑森:嗨艾蜜莉!妳在買過年要用的東西嗎?
shop around for sth.比價後再購買lunar(adj.)月亮的、與月亮有關的lunar calendar農曆
Emily: Yes! I’m looking for a gift box right now.
艾蜜莉:對啊!我現在正在挑選禮盒。
Jason: Me too. I’m going back to Tainan, but I don’t know what to buy.
傑森:我也是。我要回台南,但我不知道要買什麼。
Emily: How about pineapple cakes? Everyone loves them!
艾蜜莉:鳳梨酥怎麼樣?大家都喜歡!
How about...?那~如何?
Jason: That’s a good idea, but my parents want something healthy.
傑森:那是個好主意,但我父母想要比較健康的東西。
healthy(adj.)健康的stay healthy保持健康/healthy diet健康飲食
Emily: I see. Then you can buy a chicken essence gift box or some nuts.
艾蜜莉:原來如此。那你可以買雞精禮盒,或是一些堅果。
essence(n.)(用於食品、飲料、補品)從某物提取出的濃縮物vanilla essence香草精nut(n.)堅果
Jason: Oh, nuts are great! They are easy to share with the whole family.
傑森:喔,堅果很棒!很容易跟全家人一起分享。
whole(adj.)全部的、完整的the whole day一整天/the whole class全班
Emily: True! And don’t forget the red envelopes!
艾蜜莉:沒錯!也別忘了紅包!
envelope(n.)信封give a red envelope送紅包
Jason: Don’t worry. I already put the money inside. It’s a lot of money!
傑森:別擔心,我已經把錢放進去了。那可是很多錢呢!
already(adv.)已經a lot of很多=lots of
Emily: I know, but it makes the kids very happy.
艾蜜莉:我知道,但這會讓小孩子很開心。
Jason: You’re right. Okay, I will buy the nuts. Happy New Year!
傑森:你說得對。好,那我就買堅果了。新年快樂!
Emily: Happy New Year! Have a safe trip home!
艾蜜莉:新年快樂!回家路上平安!