
每年都辦一次
Gina and Mark are colleagues. Mark was talking to his supervisor.
吉娜和馬克是同事。馬克剛剛在和他的上司說話。
supervisor(n.)主管
Gina: What did you guys talk about?
吉娜:你們剛剛在說什麼?
Mark: I’m taking two weeks off.
馬克:我要休兩個星期的假。
take a day off請一天假、take leave請假、official leave公假、sick leave病假、annual leave特休
Gina: What? For what?
吉娜:什麼?為了什麼原因?
Mark: I got the notice for the muster call. I’m going back to the military.
馬克:我接到教召的通知,要回到軍隊服役。
notice(n.)通知military(n.)軍隊、troop(n.)部隊、army(n.)陸軍、navy(n.)海軍、air force空軍
Gina: I thought it would only last for five days or something. My brother received the same thing last year.
吉娜:我以為教召只有五天之類的,我弟去年收到了同樣的通知。
last(v.)持續receive(v.)收到
Mark: The government is going to change that. The call-up will be two weeks instead of the current five days.
馬克:政府要改教召的制度,要變成兩週,而不是目前制度的五天。
call-up召集instead of而不是current(adj.)目前的、currently(adv.)
Gina: And once a year?
吉娜:一年一次嗎?
once一次、twice兩次
Mark: Yeah. It will take place every year rather than every two years.
馬克:對,每年舉辦一次而不是每兩年舉行一次。
take place發生、舉行rather than而不是
Gina: I gotta tell my brother. This will catch him off guard.
吉娜:我得告訴我弟弟,他一定會很意外。
gotta=got to必須catch sb. off guard大吃一驚、出乎意料