
電費不能高於台電
Harry and Holly are on their lunch break.
哈利和荷莉現在是午餐休息時間。
break(n.)休息、休息時間
Harry: Hey, have you already found a place to live?
哈利:嘿,你已經找到地方住了嗎?
have Vpp 現在完成式(已經…)
Holly: Luckily, yes! I came across an advertisement for a house for rent on a bulletin board on my way home. It’s a pretty nice place.
荷莉:很幸運地我找到了!我回家路上看到公佈欄上一則租屋廣告,那間房子很不錯呢。
luckily(adv.)幸運地=fortunatelycome across偶然發現advertisement(n.)廣告=adbulletin board佈告欄
Harry: And have you signed the contract? There are some new rules for landlords to follow starting from June 1st.
哈利:你簽租約了嗎?6月1日起有一些新規則房東必須遵守哦!
sign(v.)簽名、簽署contract(n.)合約follow(v.)遵守
Holly: I’m about to sign the contract tonight. So what are these new rules?
荷莉:我今晚要簽約,那新規則是什麼呢?
be about to即將、將要
Harry: Well, the maximum deposit shouldn’t be higher than two months of rent. Also, landlords shouldn’t stop their tenants from moving their household registration.
哈利:嗯,首先押金不得超過兩個月。另外,房東也不得禁止租客遷戶籍。
maximum(adj.)最高的、最大的deposit(n.)押金rent(n.)租金tenant(n.)租戶、房客=rentermove(v.)移動、遷移household registration戶籍
Holly: Hmm… those rules sound fair enough.
荷莉:嗯……那些規則滿合理的呀。
fair enough有道理、做得對
Harry: They are. Landlords are also not allowed to charge their tenants for electricity at a rate that is higher than what Taipower charges for the peak summer season.
哈利:是啊!還有電費也不能超過台電夏季高峰期收取的最高電費。
allow(v.)允許、准許be Vpp 被動語態(被…)charge(v.)收費rate(n.)價格、費用peak(adj.)高峰的
Holly: I think that’s a very good rule. Many landlords in Taiwan overcharge their tenants for electricity!
荷莉:我覺得那是很棒的規定,許多台灣房東,電費都收得太貴了。
overcharge(v.)索價過高、多收錢=rip off