
2029年起月收逾20萬
Mark is a regular customer at a small noodle shop in Taipei. He is ordering lunch and chatting with the owner, Mrs. Wang.
馬克是台北一家小麵店的常客。他正在點午餐,並和老闆娘王太太聊聊。
loyal customer忠實顧客customer service顧客服務
Mark: Morning, Mrs. Wang! Can I get a bowl of beef noodles, please?
馬克:早安,王太太!給我一碗牛肉麵好嗎?
Mrs. Wang: Sure thing, Mark! That’ll be 120 dollars.
王太太:沒問題,馬克!一共是120元。
Mark: Here you go. I heard the news today. Will your shop start giving receipts soon?
馬克:給你。我今天聽說了一個消息。你的店很快就要開始開發票了嗎?
Mrs. Wang: Yes, but not until 2029. We still have a few years.
王太太:是的,但要到2029年才開始。我們還有幾年的時間。
until(prep.)直到a few一些(+可數名詞複數)few(det.)很少
Mark: Why the change? Small eateries didn’t need to give receipts before.
馬克:為什麼要改?以前小吃店是不需要開發票的。
Mrs. Wang: In the past, our hands were always wet or oily, so paper receipts were a mess. But now, digital receipts and machines make it much easier.
王太太:以前我們的手總是很濕或很油,所以紙本發票很難處理。但現在,數位發票和機器讓這件事變得簡單多了。
mess(n.)骯髒、雜亂make a mess弄得亂七八糟get into a mess陷入困境、麻煩digital(adj.)數位的digital camera數位相機/digital platform數位平台
Mark: That makes sense. Plus, customers love to win the receipt lottery!
馬克:有道理。而且,顧客很喜歡發票中獎!
make sense有道理lottery(n.)抽獎、樂透jackpot/lottery prize樂透頭獎
Mrs. Wang: Exactly. If the shop makes over 200,000 dollars a month, we must use them.
王太太:沒錯。如果小吃店每個月賺超過20萬元,我們就必須開發票。
earn a living賺錢謀生rake in money賺大錢
Mark: 2029 is still a long way off. You’ve got plenty of time to get ready.
馬克:2029年還很遠。妳還有充裕的時間準備。
a long way off遙遠的、還有很長一段路plenty of充足的、足夠的
Mrs. Wang: You’re right. For now, just enjoy your noodles!
王太太:你說得對。現在就先享用你的麵吧!