
按小時計費
Matt and Erin are talking about new motorbike parking fees near Taipei Main Station.
邁特和艾琳在討論台北車站附近的機車停車格將開始收費。
motorbike(n.)機車scooter(n.)輕型機車parking(n.)停車park(v.)停車fee(n.)費用annual fee年費entrance fee入場費
Matt: I guess I’m going to have to find a new place to park when I take the train at Taipei Main Station every morning.
邁特:看來我得找個新地方停車了,每天早上搭火車去台北車站有點麻煩了。
Erin: Why’s that? Can’t you park near the station anymore?
艾琳:為什麼?你不能再停在車站附近了嗎?
not…anymore不再
Matt: I can still park there for now, but starting on March 3, they’ll charge fees for 400 parking spots around the station.
邁特:現在還可以停,不過從3月3號開始,車站周圍400個停車格都要收費了。
for now暫時、就現在而言charge(v.)收費、給…充電spot(n.)停車格
Erin: Oh! That’s a lot of spots.
艾琳:哇!那可是很多停車格耶。
Matt: Yep. And people who park their motorbikes there will need to start paying by the hour.
邁特:對啊,而且停車的人得按小時計費。
by the hour以小時計費
Erin: That sounds expensive. Can’t you just park near a different station?
艾琳:那聽起來很貴。你不能改停在別的車站附近嗎?
expensive(adj.)昂貴的
Matt: That’s a good idea. I’ll try to find a different station to catch the train before the new parking fees start. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that. You’re so smart!
邁特:那主意不錯耶。在新收費開始前,我會去找找看有沒有其他車站可以搭火車。我怎麼沒想到呢?你真聰明!
catch the train搭火車、趕上火車think of想到、考慮
Erin: Thanks, Matt. I’m glad I could help!
艾琳:謝啦,邁特!很高興能幫上忙!