
紅白帖通吃
Saige and Simon are chatting.
賽吉和賽門正在聊天。
chat(v.)聊天、閒談
Saige: Last week my colleague held her wedding at Disneyland!
賽吉:上週我同事在迪士尼舉行她的婚禮耶!
colleague(n.)同事hold(v.)發生、舉行wedding(n.)婚禮
Simon: Wow! That must be romantic but pricey!
賽門:哇!那一定很浪漫但也很昂貴。
must(aux.)想必、一定romantic(adj.)浪漫的pricey(adj.)價格高的、貴重的
Saige: It’s true. Will you do that for your girlfriend?
賽吉:這是真的。你會為你女友這樣做嗎?
true(adj.)正確的、真實的
Simon: She’s not into cute cartoon characters, so I don’t think she’ll like it.
賽門:她不是非常喜歡可愛的卡通人物,所以我不覺得她會喜歡。
into(prep.)極喜歡、對…有興趣cartoon(n.)卡通character(n.)人物、角色so(conj.)因此、所以
Saige: Hmm… That’s a good point – Not every girl dreams of a Disney wedding. Also, it’ll cost you!
賽吉:嗯…那是個好意見—不是每個女孩都夢想一個迪士尼婚禮;而且那也非常貴。
point(n.)觀點、論點dream(v.)幻想、夢想also(adv.)另外、而且cost(v.)使付出代價
Simon: Speaking of Disney Park, it will also be offering new “Magical Funeral” services next year at Florida.
賽門:說到迪士尼樂園,它明年將會在佛羅里達提供新的「魔幻葬禮」服務。
offer(v.)主動給予、提議service(n.)服務
Saige: Why would they offer this service?
賽吉:他們為何會提供這項服務呢?
would(aux.)將、會
Simon: They find that about once a month, some visitors use the trip to Disneyland to lay their loved ones to rest.
賽門:他們發現大約一個月一次,一些遊客會利用去迪士尼旅行,讓他們摯愛的人在那裡長眠。
once(adv.)一次、一回visitor(n.)遊客lay(v.)放置、安放rest(v.)休息
Saige: In that case, the funeral service is a good thing. Resting in peace at the happiest place on earth should be amazing!
賽吉:那樣的話,葬禮服務是件好事。在地球上最快樂的地方安息應該會很棒!
case(n.)案例peace(n.)安靜、平靜、安寧earth(n.)地球should(aux.)應該amazing(adj.)極好的