
繳回領TPASS回饋!
Gina is sitting in the living room with her grandfather. She is scrolling news on her tablet and suddenly looks surprised.
吉娜正和爺爺坐在客廳裡。她正在平板電腦上瀏覽新聞,突然一臉驚訝。
scroll(v.)滾動、滑動scroll up往上滑/scroll down往下滑scroll through sth.瀏覽一整段內容swipe(v.)滑動
Gina: Grandpa, look at this news. The driving rules will change on May 1st.
吉娜:爺爺,你看這個新聞!5月1日駕照規定要改了。
Grandpa: Oh really? What’s changing? I’m 70 now. Should I worry?
爺爺:喔,真的嗎?是什麼變動?我現在70歲,應該要擔心嗎?
Gina: Yes. People aged 70 and over will have to renew their driving license. Before, it was 75.
吉娜:是的。70歲以上的人要換駕照,以前是75歲才需要。
aged(adj.)上了年紀的aged+數字:幾歲的renew(v.)更新、換證、讓狀態重新變好
Grandpa: I see. Do I need to take a test?
爺爺:了解。我需要考試嗎?
Gina: Not yet. You just need a health check-up and a safety course. After 75, you also need a memory test every three years.
吉娜:還不用。現在只要體檢和安全課程。75歲後,每三年要做記憶力測驗。
annual check-up年度健檢routine check-up定期檢查
Grandpa: Hmm… what if I don’t renew my license?
爺爺:嗯⋯⋯如果我不去換駕照會怎樣?
what if...?要是~的話呢?
Gina: It’s serious. You could get a 3,600-dollar fine, and they might cancel your license.
吉娜:很嚴重喔。可能會被罰3,600元,駕照也可能被註銷。
fine(n.)罰金、罰款get/receive a fine被罰款
Grandpa: That’s quite strict… Maybe I should stop driving.
爺爺:那麼嚴格啊⋯⋯也許我不該再開車了。
strict(adj.)嚴格的/嚴厲的be strict with sb.對某人嚴格be strict about sth.對某事嚴格要求stop+V-ing停止正在做的事
Gina: Actually, if you return your license, you can get a TPASS reward. You can get money back for using the MRT and buses!
吉娜:其實如果你繳回駕照,可以拿TPASS回饋,搭捷運和公車可以領回饋金喔!
reward(n.)獎勵、回饋a reward for sth.對…的獎勵
Grandpa: That sounds good. Let’s check the details on the computer together.
爺爺:聽起來不錯。我們一起用電腦查詳細資料吧。
detail(n.)細節in detail詳細地go into detail深入說明