
一見如故
Leon and Hank are colleagues. They are chatting.
里昂和漢克是同事。他們在聊天。
Leon: Did you have lunch with the new colleague today?
里昂:你今天和新同事一起吃午餐嗎?
lunch(n.)午餐
Hank: You mean Ruth?
漢克:你是說露絲?
Leon: Yes. How do you know her that well?
里昂:對。你怎麼這麼了解她?
know sb. well很熟識
Hank: We got on like a house on fire.
漢克:我們簡直一見如故。
get on like a house on fire一見如故
Leon: How so?
里昂:怎麼說?
Hank: It turns out that we went to the same high school, and her best friend and I were in the same club at university.
漢克:結果我們原來上同一所高中,然後她最好的朋友和我大學時同社團。
turn out結果same(adj.)一樣的club(adj.)社團
Leon: Wow! Also in the guitar club?
里昂:哇!也是吉他社嗎?
guitar(n.)吉他
Hank: Yeah, and my sister and her used to be colleagues.
漢克:沒錯,然後我姐姐和她以前是同事。
used to be以前曾是這裡的my sister and her是口語使用,正規文法請用my sister and she
Leon: You guys must have a lot to talk about.
里昂:你們一定有超多話題可以聊。
must(modal.)一定
Hank: Yeah. We can go on and on. It’s crazy!
漢克:真的,完全沒完沒了,超級瘋狂!
go on and on一直繼續下去、沒完沒了crazy(adj.)瘋狂=insane