
哈利波特影集
Kevin and Mindy are friends. They are Harry Potter fans.
凱文和敏迪是朋友。他們是哈利波特迷。
Kevin: Hey Mindy, did you hear they’re making a Harry Potter TV series?
凱文:嘿,敏迪,你知道《哈利波特》要出影集了嗎?
series(n.)影集
Mindy: Yeah, I just read about it! They finally shared the cast. It looks exciting!
敏迪:有啊,我剛剛才看到新聞!他們終於公佈演員了,感覺超讚的!
share(v.)分享
Kevin: I know, right? John Lithgow is playing Dumbledore. He’s American!
凱文:對吧?約翰李斯高要演鄧不利多耶!他可是美國人!
play a role/part扮演角色
Mindy: Wait — really? I thought J.K. Rowling only wanted British actors.
敏迪:等等,真的假的?我還以為J.K.羅琳只用英國演員。
think(v.)認為(過去式:thought)actor(n.)演員lead actor主角supporting actor配角actress(n.)女演員
Kevin: That was the old rule, but she changed it. Snape will be played by Paapa Essiedu.
凱文:以前是這樣沒錯,但她改變規則。石內卜會由帕帕艾西杜演出。
rule(n.)規則、規定be played by…由~飾演be V-p.p.被動語態
Mindy: Oh, I’ve seen him before — he’s great! And what about McGonagall?
敏迪:喔,我看過他演戲,他很厲害耶!那麥教授是誰演?
have/has V-p.p.現在完成式What about那~如何?
Kevin: Janet McTeer is playing her. And Nick Frost is going to be Hagrid!
凱文:珍娜麥提爾會演麥教授。還有,尼克佛洛斯特會演海格!
be going to將要
Mindy: No way! He’s so funny. I bet he’ll be a fun Hagrid.
敏迪:真的假的!他超搞笑的。一定會是個很有趣的海格。
funny(adj.)好笑的、滑稽的fun(adj.)好玩的、有趣的
Kevin: I hope they keep the magic from the books. I miss Hogwarts.
凱文:希望影集還是能保有小說那種魔法感。我真的好想念霍格華茲喔。
keep(v.)保留magic(n.)魔法
Mindy: Same here. We should totally watch it together when it comes out!
敏迪:我也是。我們到時候一定要一起看!
totally(adv.) 一定(強調贊同)come out(書、電影等)發行、上映、出版
Kevin: Deal!
凱文:說定了!
Deal!一言為定!