
自在的與陌生人相處
Hank and Pam are having dinner with some clients. They are outside of the restaurant.
漢克和潘要與一些客戶共進晚餐。他們在餐廳外面。
client(n.)客戶
Hank: Are you ready to have dinner with a bunch of people?
漢克:你準備好和一大群人吃晚餐了嗎?
a bunch of很多
Pam: To be honest with you, this is not my wheelhouse. My hands just started shaking.
潘:老實說,這不是我的擅長的場合。我的手已經開始抖了。
to be honest老實說wheelhouse(n.)擅長的事情shake(v.)搖晃、抖動
Hank: You’re not alone. I used to hate this kind of social event.
漢克:你並不孤單。我以前也討厭這種社交場合。
social event社交活動、場合
Pam: Really? You seem so comfortable now. You’re not shy at all.
潘:真的嗎?你現在看起來很自在耶,一點也不怕生。
shy(adj.)害羞的not…at all一點也不
Hank: Yes, but I know how it feels. I used to get very nervous around strangers. I even threw up.
漢克:對,但是我知道那種感覺。我以前跟陌生人相處也很不自在,甚至還會嘔吐。
throw up嘔吐、vomit(v.)
Pam: You are also an introvert.
潘:你也是一個內向的人。
introvert(n.)內向的人、extrovert(n.)外向的人
Hank: That’s true. I prefer to stay quiet.
漢克:沒錯,我喜歡安靜待著。
prefer to RV偏好quiet(adj.)安靜的
Pam: Well, we still need to attend this dinner.
潘:嗯嗯,但我們還是得吃這頓飯。
attend(v.)出席
Hank: Don’t worry. Just smile and listen to others.
漢克:不用擔心。只要微笑和聽別人說就好了。
smile(v.)微笑others=other people其他人