
買不起的房價
Phil and Lucy are colleagues. Lucy received a wedding invitation.
菲爾和露西是同事。露西收到了喜帖。
wedding invitation喜帖
Phil: What are you doing this weekend?
菲爾:這個週末你要做什麼?
Lucy: I have to go to my friend’s wedding. She is the first one to get married among all my friends from college.
露西:我要去參加朋友的婚禮。她是我大學朋友中第一個結婚的。
get married=tie the knot結婚among之間、三者以上
Phil: Congratulations!
菲爾:恭喜啊!
Congratulations or Congrats恭喜
Lucy: They just bought a house and took out a huge mortgage from a bank.
露西:他們剛剛買了房子,還從銀行那邊貸了一大筆錢。
take out a mortgage貸款買房、take out a loan貸款
Phil: That’s a big step. Would you get married?
菲爾:真是人生的一大步。你會結婚嗎?
step(n.)步驟、腳步
Lucy: My boyfriend and I are thinking about it.
露西:我和我男朋友正在考慮。
Phil: You know that nearly half of the young people between 30 to 39 years old are not married?
菲爾:你知道30到39歲的年輕人中有將近一半沒有結婚嗎?
between(prep.)兩者之間
Lucy: That comes as no surprise. I think the housing price is the main reason.
露西:並不奇怪啊。我覺得房價是主要原因吧。
come as no surprise意料之中price(n.)價格main(adj.)主要的、main road主要幹道、main point要點、main problem首要問題
Phil: You’re right. It is a dream to own a house these days.
菲爾:你說得對。現在要擁有房子簡直是個夢啊。
dream(n.)夢想own(v.)擁有
Lucy: Tell me about it.
露西:這還用說。