
美國國家地理推薦
Vivianne and Lean are both experienced backpackers.
薇薇安和林都是有經驗的背包客。
experienced(adj.)有經驗的backpacker(n.)背包客
Vivianne: Do you have any ideas about our trip? Are you checking anything online?
薇薇安:關於我們的旅行,你有任何想法嗎?你在網路上查什麼嗎?
Lean: I’m reading a list from National Geographic about ten travel destinations that they recommend.
林:我在看國家地理的一個列表,上面是他們建議的10個旅遊目的地。
list(n.)列表destination(n.)目的地recommend(v.)建議
Vivianne: Okay. But I’ve got a place in mind. How about Oman, one of the oldest countries on the Arabian Peninsula?
薇薇安:好吧,我已經有想到一個地方,阿曼怎麼樣?它是阿拉伯半島上最古老的國家之一。
mind(n.)大腦oldest(adj.)最老的
Lean: Oman is on the list, too. We could enjoy both boundless views of deserts and casual beaches. Nice one! But I’m also interested in Hoang Lien Son in Vietnam.
林:阿曼也在這個列表上,我們可以享受到無邊的沙漠景緻,也有悠閒的海灘,真不錯。但我對越南的黃連山也有興趣。
list(n.)列表boundless(adj.)無邊的view(n.)景觀desert(n.)沙漠casual(adj.)悠閒的be interested in對⋯⋯有興趣
Vivianne: We’ve never been to Vietnam.
薇薇安:我們從沒去過越南。
have been to...去過某地have gone too...已經出發去某地
Lean: Nope, and Hoang Lien Son has beautiful terraced rice fields that I’ve always wanted to see.
林:是啊,黃連山有我一直想看的美麗梯田。
terraced rice fields梯田
Vivianne: Well, what about a big challenge like Egypt? It’s on the list and is also a place that we are both eager to visit, and...
薇薇安:那⋯⋯來個大挑戰呢?埃及如何?也在列表上,而且也是我們很想去的地方,而且⋯⋯
challenge(n.)挑戰eager(adj.)渴望的
Lean: Wait a sec. I kind of feel like we’re not able to get on the same page about this today.
林:等等,我有點覺得,我們今天沒辦法在這件事上達成共識。
kind of稍微be able to能夠做到某動作on the same page有共識
Vivianne: Maybe you’re right. I think we can do some more research and choose a place later.
薇薇安:也許你說得對,那我想我們再查點資料,晚點再選地點。
research(n.)研究choose(v.)選擇
Lean: I agree.
林:同意。
agree(v.)同意