
試床兼小憩
George and Emma are colleagues. They just finished lunch.
喬治和艾瑪是同事。他們剛吃完午飯。
George: Oh, how I wish I could take a quick power nap.
喬治:哦,我多麼希望能睡個午覺啊。
wish(v.)希望+假設語氣
Emma: There’s no space at the office. Plus, we have a meeting at two. Don’t forget that.
艾瑪:辦公室沒有空間。另外,我們兩點要開會。不要忘記了。
space(n.)空間
George: I know. What a nightmare.
喬治:我知道。真是噩夢。
nightmare(n.)惡夢、夢魘
Emma: Don’t fall asleep again during the meeting this time!
艾瑪:這次開會的時候不要再睡著了!
fall asleep睡著、doze off打嗑睡
George: I just need ten minutes of sleep to refresh myself.
喬治:我只需要小睡十分鐘提神一下。
refresh oneself打起精神
Emma: Hey! Look at that bike towing a yellow carriage!
艾瑪:呦!看那輛拖著黃色拖車的腳踏車!
tow(v.)拖著carriage(n.)馬車、車廂
George: It says it’s from IKEA. What is it for?
喬治:上面寫來自IKEA。是什麼啊?
Emma: There are a bed, a duvet and a pillow inside.
艾瑪:車裡面有床、羽絨被和枕頭。
duvet(n.)羽絨被pillow(n.)枕頭、pillowcase枕頭套、throw pillow抱枕bedding寢具、sheet(n.)床單、mattress(n.)床墊、blanket(n.)毯子、comforter棉被
George: Looks like it is inviting me to have a good nap inside and test out its bed! A ride takes thirty minutes.
喬治:看起來像是在邀請我在裡面睡個好覺,測試一下它的床!一趟車程只需要三十分鐘。
test out測試ride(n.)一乘、一趟、give sb. a ride載人一趟
Emma: Well, you should hop on it. I’ll see you later.
艾瑪:嗯,你應該去試試看。等等見啦。
hop on跳上