
當睡眠成了奢侈品~
Steve and Wendy are co-workers. They are having an afternoon break.
史提夫跟溫蒂是同事。他們在下午休息片刻。
break(n.)休息時間;假期;中止;廣告時間
Wendy: Don’t you feel a bit sleepy in the afternoon?
溫蒂:你不覺得下午會有點睏嗎?
sleepy(adj.)睏的;冷清的
Steve: Hmm, I’m okay. I usually go to bed early so that I can get enough sleep.
史提夫:嗯,我還好。我通常早睡所以有睡飽。
Wendy: I see. But I have been keeping the habit of taking a nap after lunch.
溫蒂:原來如此。但我一直有午睡的習慣。
Steve: I understand. Since we were in elementary school, our teachers asked us to take a nap.
史提夫:我了解。從我們小學開始,老師們總要我們睡午覺。
since(conj.)自從;從~以來;因為;既然elementary(adj.)基本的;初級的;基礎的
Wendy: Yeah. But the problem is, our office is too noisy even during lunch time. I’m not able to rest at all.
溫蒂:是啊。不過問題是,我們的辦公室連午休時間都很吵,我根本沒辦法休息。
noisy(adj.)吵雜的be able to do sth.能夠做某事
Steve: That’s true. I wish we had some nap cafes just like South Korea.
史提夫:那是真的。真希望我們像南韓一樣有「小睡咖啡屋」。
Wendy: What is that?
溫蒂:那是什麼?
Steve: Nap cafe is a place for tired office workers or students to take a short rest.
史提夫:小睡咖啡屋是個給疲倦上班族及學生休息小憩的地方。
tired(adj.)疲勞的;累的
One of the owners said that he realized that exhausted Koreans have few public parks or resting areas to go to in Seoul.
一位業主說他意識到,精疲力竭的韓國人在首爾沒有什麼公園或休息的地方可去。
owner(n.)所有者;主人;物主realize(v.)明白;意識到exhausted(adj.)極其疲憊的;精疲力竭的Korean(n.)韓國人;韓語;(adj.)韓國的
Wendy: Wow. That’s a very good business idea!
溫蒂:哇,那是個很棒的商業點子耶!
business(n.)生意;商業;公司;商店;事情;個人事務
Steve: Yup. But we don’t have it here. So you had better go to bed earlier.
史提夫:是啊。但台灣沒有這種小睡咖啡屋,所以妳最好早點睡覺。
sb. had better do sth.某人最好做~