
為新生兒命名
Emma is writing something. Her friend, David, is talking to her.
艾瑪在寫東西。朋友大衛正在和她說話。
write(v.)寫、write down sth.寫下
David: What are you writing?
大衛:你在寫什麼?
what疑問詞、什麼
Emma: I’m writing down some names. My sister just gave birth to a little girl.
艾瑪:我在想一些名字。我姐姐剛生了一個小女孩。
give birth to 生產、birthday生日
David: Congrats! What’s her name?
大衛:恭喜!她叫什麼名字?
congrats恭喜=congratulations
Emma: My sister was going to call her “Emma”, but I don’t like it. Now she wants me to give the baby a name.
艾瑪:我姐姐要叫她「艾瑪」,但我不喜歡,所以現在她叫我想名字。
call(v.)叫give-gave(v.)給予
David: “Emma!” Same as you! It’s a beautiful name.
大衛:和你一樣!「艾瑪」聽起來很美啊。
same as sb.跟某人一樣beautiful(adj.)美麗的
Emma: Yeah, but I want her to have a special one.
艾瑪:是啦,但我希望她有個特別一點的名字。
special(adj.)特別的
David: Something one of a kind.
大衛:獨一無二的名字。
one of a kind獨一無二的
Emma: Very much so. Any thoughts?
艾瑪:就是啊。有什麼想法嗎?
very much so正是那樣thought(n.)想法、點子
David: Not really, but I think she’ll love the name you give her.
大衛:沒有,但我想她會喜歡妳為她取的名字的。
love(v.)愛上
Emma: Oh. Thanks.
艾瑪:哦,謝謝。