
轉型全天營業
It’s a normal afternoon. Will and Dustin are looking for something to eat.
在一個普通的下午,威爾和達斯汀正在找東西吃。
afternoon(n.)下午look for尋找
Will: I’m a bit hungry. Let’s go grab a bite to eat.
威爾:我有點餓。我們去吃點東西吧。
grab a bite to eat找點東西果腹
Dustin: Sure. I’d like some milk tea as well.
達斯汀:好。我也想喝點奶茶。
Will: What about scallion pies?
威爾:蔥油餅怎麼樣?
scallion pie蔥油餅
Dustin: No, it’s too greasy. I want something sweet.
達斯汀:不,太油膩了。我想吃點甜的。
greasy(adj.)油膩的
Will: Egg pancakes then! Do you know that breakfast chain, MyWarmDay, now sells egg pancakes?
威爾:那就雞蛋糕!你知道早餐連鎖店麥味登現在有賣雞蛋糕嗎?
breakfast chain連鎖早餐店、chain(n.)鎖鏈、chain store
Dustin: No, I didn’t. Plus, do they open in the afternoon?
達斯汀:我不知道。而且,他們下午有營業嗎?
Will: The chain is transforming into a full-day business.
威爾:麥味登正在轉型為全天營業的餐廳。
transform into轉型為、轉變為business(n.)企業、商業
Dustin: So, it offers not just breakfast, but brunch and afternoon tea.
達斯汀:所以不只提供早餐,還有早午餐和下午茶。
brunch=breakfast + lunch早午餐
Will: Yes, it even has a store just for to-go orders.
威爾:沒錯,它甚至還有一家外帶專門店。
to-go order外帶餐點、for here or to go
Dustin: What are we waiting for? Let’s go.
達斯汀:那還等什麼?走吧。