
空氣太乾燥了
Jenny runs to her father in the middle of the winter night.
珍妮在寒冷的冬夜奔向她的爸爸。
run(v.)跑、奔跑in the middle of 在~之中、中間
Jenny: Dad, my nose is bleeding!
珍妮:爸爸,我的鼻子在流血!
Father: Oh no, sweetheart! Sit down. Is it cold in your room?
爸爸:天啊,寶貝!坐下來。你房間冷嗎?
Jenny: Yeah, it’s really cold.
珍妮:是的,真的很冷。
Father: That’s probably why. Here, tilt your head forward and pinch your nose.
爸爸:可能是因為這個原因。來,把頭傾向前,捏住你的鼻子。
probably(adv.)很可能、大概tilt sth. forward 將某物向前傾斜pinch(v.)捏、捏著
Jenny: Like this?
珍妮:像這樣嗎?
Father: Yeah, that’s it. Hold it for a few minutes. Feeling any better?
爸爸:對,就是這樣。捏著幾分鐘。感覺好點了嗎?
minute(n.)分鐘second(n.)秒數hour(n.)小時an hour=one hour一小時
Jenny: A little.
珍妮:好一點了。
Father: I’ll get a towel. Maybe the air is too dry in your room. Let’s try to keep your room warmer, okay?
爸爸:我去拿條毛巾。也許你房間的空氣太乾燥了。讓我們試著讓你的房間暖和一點,好嗎?
towel(n.)毛巾=washcloth
Jenny: Sure, Dad.
珍妮:好的,爸爸。
Father: And drink some water too. It might help. If it happens again, just give me a shout.
爸爸:還要喝點水。可能會有幫助。如果再發生,就喊我一聲。
helpful(adj.)有幫助的shout(n.)(v.)大喊shout at sb. 對~大喊
Jenny: Thanks, Dad.
珍妮:謝謝,爸爸。