
忠誠的朋友
I’m Susie. My family just adopted a puppy from an animal shelter.
我是蘇西,我們家剛從動物收容所領養一隻小狗。
adopt(v.)收養、領養shelter(n.)躲避處、避難所,animal shelter動物收容所
His name is Bruno. He was excited about meeting us.
牠的名字是布魯諾,牠很興奮和我們見面。
excited(adj.)感到興奮的,excited about+Ving(或名詞)
When Bruno arrived at our house for the first time, I let him get familiar with the environment.
布魯諾第一次來到我們家時,我讓牠熟悉四周環境。
arrive(v.)到達let(v.)讓、允許,let+Vr.familiar(adj.)熟悉的,be familiar with sth.(sb.)對⋯熟悉environment(n.)環境
He smelled everywhere.
牠到處嗅來嗅去的。
smell(v.)嗅、聞everywhere(adv.)到處
Then, I had him stay and play in the living room.
然後,我要牠待在客廳裡玩。
have(v.)叫、使,have+Vr.stay(v.)停留
To make Bruno behave, I taught him simple tricks.
為了讓布魯諾守規矩,我教牠簡單的技巧。
make sb. do sth.迫使⋯做behave(v.)守規矩teach(v.)教導,taught為過去式trick(n.)技巧
For example, I made him sit and hold his position.
例如,我叫牠坐下和維持牠的姿勢。
hold(v.)保持position(n.)姿勢
If he reacted correctly to my order, I gave him a treat.
如果牠正確地回應我的指令,我就給牠小獎勵。
react(v.)反應、回應treat(n.)享受、請客
He slowly picked up those tricks.
牠慢慢地學會了那些技巧。
pick up sth.(透過練習而)學會
Bruno also likes to play fetch with me in the yard.
布魯諾也喜歡在院子和我玩接球遊戲。
fetch(n.)丟接遊戲
He is a loving friend. I’m glad to have him with me.
牠是一個忠誠的朋友,我很高興有牠在一起。
loving(adj.)忠誠的