
急需幫忙
The heavy rain flooded Allen’s house. He called his neighbor Lily for help.
豪雨讓艾倫家淹水了,他打電話給鄰居莉莉求助。
flood(v.)大量湧入call sb. for help打電話向他人協助
Allen: Hey, Lily! My house... it’s flooded! Water is everywhere, even in the bathroom!
艾倫:喂,莉莉!我家⋯⋯淹水了!水到處都是,連浴室都有水!
bathroom(n.)浴室
Lily: What?! Oh no, that’s terrible! How did this happen?
莉莉:什麼?!天啊,那太糟了!怎麼會這樣?
happen to sb.在某人身上發生
Allen: The rain was super heavy last night, and the water came in through the door.
艾倫:昨晚雨下超大,水是從門流進來的。
pouring rain傾盆大雨through(prep.)通過、透過、經過
Lily: Wow, that sounds really bad. Are you safe?
莉莉:哇,那真的很嚴重。你安全嗎?
safe and sound平安無事
Allen: Yes, I’m okay, but I’m really worried about my furniture and stuff.
艾倫:還好啦,但我很擔心家具和東西。
be worried about擔心、對~感到擔憂furniture(n.)家具
Lily: Don’t worry! I’m coming right now to help. Do you need some buckets to get the water out?
莉莉:別擔心!我現在就過去幫忙。你需要水桶來排水嗎?
bucket(n.)水桶get the water out把水排出
Allen: Yes, please! Anything will help. I tried mopping, but it’s too much water.
艾倫:拜託!有什麼都好。我有用拖把,但水太多了。
mop(v.)拖地(n.)拖把
Lily: Okay, I’ll bring some big buckets.
莉莉:好,我會帶一些大水桶。
Allen: That’s great! Thank you so much, Lily. I don’t know what to do without you.
艾倫:太好了!真的謝謝你,莉莉。不然我不知道怎麼辦。
without(prep.)沒有
Lily: No problem! Hang tight. I’ll be there in about 20 minutes.
莉莉:沒問題!撐住,我20分鐘左右到。
hang tight耐心等候、堅持住about(adv.)大約
Allen: Okay, I’m waiting. Please hurry!
艾倫:好,我等你。快點來喔!
hurry to VR匆忙去做in a hurry匆忙no hurry不用急