
從開戶到買月票
George is a student who just moved to a new country. He is visiting his friend Patricia, who has lived there for a year.
喬治是一位剛移居外國的學生。他正在拜訪朋友派翠西亞,她已在當地居住一年。
George: I just arrived here last week. I am so excited, but I have so many things to do!
喬治:我上週剛到這裡。我好興奮,但我有好多事情要做!
I’ve got tons of things to do.我有很多事情要做
Patricia: The first month is always the busiest. Have you opened a bank account yet?
派翠西亞:第一個月總是最忙的。你開戶了嗎?
account(n.)帳戶savings account儲蓄帳戶/checking account活期帳戶
George: Not yet. Is that important?
喬治:還沒,這很重要嗎?
not yet還沒、尚未
Patricia: Yes! You need it to pay your rent and get your salary from your part-time job. You just need your passport and address.
派翠西亞:對啊!你需要它來付房租,還有領取兼職工作的薪資。你只需要護照和地址就可以了。
rent(n.)租金monthly salary月收入/hourly wage時薪/income(n.)年收入
George: I see. What about seeing a doctor? I heard it is very expensive here.
喬治:我明白。那看醫生呢?我聽說這裡看病很昂貴。
Patricia: That’s right. You should buy health insurance immediately. It makes you feel safe when you get sick.
派翠西亞:沒錯。你應該立刻買醫療保險。這樣你生病時才能安心。
insurance(n.)保險pay the premium繳保費insurance policy保單
George: Good idea. Also, I need to take the bus to school every day.
喬治:好主意。還有,我每天需要搭巴士去學校。
daily(adv.)每天地=every day
Patricia: Then you must get a transportation card. If you buy a monthly pass, you can save a lot of money!
派翠西亞:那你一定要辦一張交通卡。如果你買月票,可以省很多錢喔!
transportation(n.)交通(工具)monthly pass月票money-saving(adj.)省錢的
George: Thank you, Patricia! Your advice helps me feel at home already.
喬治:謝謝妳,派翠西亞!妳的建議已經讓我感覺這裡像家一樣了。
advice(n.)建議、忠告a piece of advice一則建議ask for advice詢問建議/take advice接受建議