
第一次租屋
Alex is a university student who just moved to the city. He is looking for his first apartment. He visits a real estate agency and asks Ms. Chen for help.
艾力克斯是一位剛搬到城市的大學生,第一次嘗試自己找房子。他到房仲公司請陳小姐幫忙。
real estate agency房地產仲介公司look for尋找、找尋
Alex: Hi, um… I’m looking for an apartment to rent. Can you help me?
艾力克斯:嗨,嗯……我想租一間公寓。你可以幫我嗎?
rent(v.)(n.)租、租金renter(n.)租客landlord(n.)房東
Ms. Chen: Sure, of course. What kind of place are you thinking about?
陳小姐:當然可以。你想找什麼樣的房子呢?
Alex: Well, I’d like a small place. Just one bedroom. It should be quiet and near the MRT or bus stop.
艾力克斯:嗯,我想要一個小一點的地方,就一間臥室就好。最好安靜一點,而且靠近捷運或公車站。
MRT=Mass Rapid Transit大眾捷運系統metro(n.)捷運、地鐵=subway/underground/tubepublic transport大眾運輸
Ms. Chen: Okay, that sounds clear. What’s your monthly budget?
陳小姐:好的,了解了。你的月預算是多少?
budget(n.)預算cut the budget刪減預算go over the budget超出預算
Alex: Hmm… around 28,000 NT dollars.
艾力克斯:嗯……大約是兩萬八千元。
Ms. Chen: Alright. There’s one apartment in Da’an District. It has one bedroom and it’s close to the MRT. The rent is 28,000.
陳小姐:好喔,大安區有一間公寓符合條件。有一間臥室,而且靠近捷運,租金是兩萬八。
close to…靠近…rent(n.)租金monthly rent每月租金collect the rent收房租
Alex: That sounds good! Is it furnished?
艾力克斯:聽起來不錯!有附家具嗎?
furnished(adj.)附家具的
Ms. Chen: Yes, it has a bed, a desk, a sofa, and a small fridge.
陳小姐:有的,裡面有床、書桌、小沙發和冰箱。
Alex: Perfect. How about the deposit?
艾力克斯:太好了。那押金怎麼算呢?
deposit(n.)押金
Ms. Chen: It’s two months’ deposit, plus the first month’s rent.
陳小姐:需要付兩個月的押金,還有一個月的租金。
Alex: Okay, I think that’s fine. Can I see it today?
艾力克斯:好,我覺得可以。今天可以去看房嗎?
go house hunting找房子
Ms. Chen: Yes, I can take you there now.
陳小姐:可以,我現在就可以帶你去。
Alex: Great! Thank you!
艾力克斯:太好了!謝謝你!