
瑪麗的晴天霹靂
Mary and John are coworkers. They are in the office.
瑪麗跟約翰是同事,他們在辦公室裡。
coworker(n.)同事office(n.)辦公室
Mary: Hey, John. Could you give me a hand here?
瑪麗:嘿,約翰。可以來幫我一下嗎?
give sb a hand幫某人忙
John: Sure. What’s wrong?
約翰:好啊,怎麼了?
Mary: My computer won’t turn on.
瑪麗:我的電腦打不開。
computer(n.)電腦turn on開啟
John: Did you turn it off yesterday?
約翰:你昨天有關機嗎?
turn off關閉yesterday(n.)昨天
Mary: No, I just left it in sleep mode.
瑪麗:沒有,我就放著讓它進入休眠。
sleep mode休眠模式
John: And now it won’t wake up.
約翰:現在它不肯醒來了。
wake up醒來
Mary: I’m doomed. I need to print our slides for the meeting coming up later.
瑪麗:我死定了,我要印一些等下會議要用的投影片。
doomed(adj.)失敗的、滅亡的need(v.)需要print(v.)列印slide(n.)投影片meeting(n.)會議come up即將發生
John: Just go and use my computer. I’ll see if I can fix yours.
約翰:用我的電腦吧,我看看能不能把你的電腦修好。
use(v.)使用computer(n.)電腦fix(v.)修理
Mary: Thanks a lot! I owe you one.
瑪麗:謝謝你!我欠你一次。
thank(v.)感謝owe(v.)欠