
展開新生活
Patty is having a conversation with her best friend, Andy.
帕蒂正在跟他最好的朋友安迪對話。
Patty: Hey Andy! Guess what?
帕蒂:嘿,安迪!你猜怎麼了?
Andy: What’s up, Patty?
安迪:怎麼了,帕蒂?
How is it going?你好嗎?
Patty: I’m moving to Melbourne from Texas!
帕蒂:我要從德州搬到墨爾本!
move to A from B:從 B 搬到 A
Andy: Really? That’s amazing! When will you leave?
安迪:真的嗎?太棒了!你什麼時候走?
leave(v.)離開、留下(過去式:left)leave for+地點:前往某地
Patty: Next month. I’m excited but also a little nervous.
帕蒂:下個月。我很興奮,也有點緊張。
excited(adj.)興奮的、期待的be excited about…對…感到期待、興奮be excited to VR期待去做…a little一點點、稍微nervous(adj.)緊張的
Andy: I understand. New places can be scary but fun too!
安迪:我懂。新環境可能不容易適應,但也很好玩!
scary(adj.)令人害怕的、不安的
Patty: Yeah, I can’t wait to see the city and meet new people.
帕蒂:對啊,我迫不及待想看那座城市,認識新朋友。
can’t wait to VR等不及去…look forward to N./V-ing期待…
Andy: Will you miss Texas?
安迪:你會想念德州嗎?
miss(v.)想念、錯過
Patty: A lot! Especially my family and friends.
帕蒂:會很想!尤其是家人和朋友。
especially(adv.)尤其是
Andy: How will you move all your things?
安迪:你要怎麼搬你的東西呢?
stuff(n.)雜物
Patty: I’m sending most things by ship. It will take a long time.
帕蒂:大部分用船運。會花很久時間。
by ship 搭船、靠船運送take(v.)花時間
Andy: Do you have a job in Melbourne?
安迪:你在墨爾本有工作嗎?
get/quit a job找到/辭職工作
Patty: Yes! I’ll start work in February.
帕蒂:有!我二月開始上班。
go to work去上班be at work上班中
Andy: That’s great! I’m happy for you.
安迪:太好了!我為你高興。
Patty: Thanks, Andy! I hope to visit you soon.
帕蒂:謝謝你,安迪!希望快點去看你。
visit(v.)拜訪pay a visit to…拜訪、參觀…