
梅根的新男友
Mason and Diane are colleagues. They are having lunch.
梅森和黛安是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Mason: Why didn’t you read my messages on Line last night?
梅森:你昨晚為什麼沒看我在Line傳給你的訊息?
message(n.)訊息
Diane: I turned off the notifications.
黛安:我關掉通知了。
turn off關掉notification(n.)通知
Mason: Did you see this YouTube video? It blew my mind.
梅森:你看過這個YouTube影片嗎?讓我超驚訝。
blow my mind震驚、驚訝=take my breath away=knock me out
Diane: I’ll get to it later.
黛安:我等等會看。
Mason: Also, did you see what Megan posted on her Instagram last night? Did she get a new boyfriend?
梅森:還有你有沒有看到梅根昨晚在IG貼的內容?她交新男友了嗎?
post(v., n.)貼文
Diane: Mason, enough with the social media. I think people have been spending too much time on those apps.
黛安:梅森,別再提這些社群媒體了。大家都花太多時間在這些app上了。
enough with sth.夠了、別再提social media社群媒體spend time on sth.花時間
Mason: These are the most popular apps among office workers. Our life is all about messages, Facebook posts and photos on Instagram.
梅森:這些是最上班族受歡迎的app。我們的生活就是圍繞在訊息、臉書貼文和IG照片上啊。
photo(n.)照片
Diane: That’s sad. I’m trying to cut these apps out of my life.
黛安:真是可悲。我要試著把這些app從我的生活中剔除。
cut sth. out切割、排除
Mason: I get it, but you should really see Megan’s photo.
梅森:我明白你的決心,但你真的應該先看看梅根貼的照片。
Diane: Fine. Show me! She didn’t say anything about a new boyfriend.
黛安:好啦,給我看!她沒有提到關於新男友的事情呢。