
時間不重要?
Carrie is having a conversation with her friend Philip.
凱莉正在和她的朋友菲利浦對話。
Carrie: Hey, Philip, are you a morning shower person or a night shower person?
凱莉:嘿,菲利浦,你是早上洗澡派還是晚上洗澡派?
take a shower淋浴take a bath泡澡
Philip: Definitely night. I can’t sleep if I feel sticky.
菲利浦:當然是晚上!如果覺得黏黏的,我根本睡不著。
sticky(adj.)黏黏的
Carrie: I’m the opposite! A hot shower in the morning wakes me up.
凱莉:我剛好相反!早上洗個熱水澡能讓我整個人清醒。
opposite(n.)對立的物(或人)、對立面(adj.)相反的wake sb. up叫醒某人
Philip: Yeah, but after work, I just want to wash off the day.
菲利浦:沒錯,但我下班後只想把一整天的疲勞洗掉。
wash off洗掉、沖掉
Carrie: True, but morning showers make me feel fresh and ready.
凱莉:也有道理,不過早上洗會讓我覺得清爽、有精神。
fresh(adj.)清新、有精神的、剛做好的
Philip: I read that the time doesn’t really matter.
菲利浦:我看到專家說,其實洗澡時間沒那麼重要。
matter(v.)重要、要緊、有關係
Carrie: Oh? What matters then?
凱莉:是喔?那重點是什麼?
Philip: Clean bed sheets! Experts say dirty sheets are full of dust mites.
菲利浦:乾淨的床單!專家說髒床單裡滿是塵蟎。
expert(n.)專家dust mite塵蟎
Carrie: Ew, that’s gross. When did you last wash yours?
凱莉:啊,好噁。你上次洗床單是什麼時候?
gross(adj.)噁心的、不舒服的
Philip: Uh… maybe two weeks ago?
菲利浦: 呃……大概兩個禮拜前吧?
Carrie: Ha! You’d better do laundry tonight.
凱莉:哈!你今晚最好洗一下。
had better not VR最好不要laundry(n.)要洗的衣物/detergent(n.)洗衣粉drop off the laundry送洗衣店
Philip: Fine, fine. Clean bed, good sleep, happy me.
菲利浦:好啦好啦。乾淨的床、好睡眠、開心的我。
have a deep sleep睡得沉
Carrie: That’s the spirit!
凱莉:就是這樣!
That’s the spirit!就是這樣!有幹勁!