
想念的印記
Diana is video chatting with her friend, David, who lives in America.
戴安娜正與美國朋友大衛視訊聊天。
who引導形容詞子句
Diana: What’s on your arm, David? A tattoo?
戴安娜:大衛,你手臂上那是什麼?刺青嗎?
arm(n.)手臂
David: Yes, I just got inked up last week. It’s my grandmother’s name. She passed away during the pandemic.
大衛:沒錯,我上周剛刺的。這是我祖母的名字。她疫情期間去世了。
get inked up刺青pass away過世
Diana: I’m so sorry to hear that.
戴安娜:我很抱歉。
sorry(adj.)抱歉的、遺憾的
David: It’s okay. This is my first tattoo. Never in my life had I thought of getting one before.
大衛:沒關係。這是我的第一個刺青。我從來沒有想過要去刺青呢。
倒裝句過去完成式、著重過去的動作沒有完成before之前
Diana: I think it is a good way to remember our loved ones.
戴安娜:用刺青紀念親人真的很有意義。
remember(v.)紀念loved one所愛的人事物
David: I heard that the tattoo studios were all fully booked. There were many first-timers like me.
大衛:聽說刺青店預約都滿了。有很多像我這樣第一次去刺的人。
fully booked訂滿、book(v.)預訂first-timer第一次的人
Diana: Were most of them young people?
戴安娜:都是年輕人?
David: No, many were middle-aged. The thing we all have in common is that we all lost family or friends during the pandemic.
大衛:不,也有很多是中年人。共同點就是大家都因為疫情失去了家人和朋友。
middle-aged(adj.)中年的have in common共通點、一樣之處lose-lost(v.)失去
Diana: I hope everyone can get back on track soon.
戴安娜:希望每個人的生活都能很快回到正軌。
get back on track回到正軌
David: Me too.
大衛:我也是。