
勞工福利
Ivy and Joe are coworkers. They are chatting during their coffee break.
艾薇和喬是同事,他們在休息喝咖啡時聊天。
during(prep.)在~期間
Ivy: Hey Joe, guess what? We might get more holidays soon!
艾薇:嘿,喬,你猜怎麼著?我們可能很快就會有更多假期了!
soon(adv.)不久、很快
Joe: Oh yeah? I heard about that! The KMT is really pushing for it.
喬:喔,對啊?我有聽說!國民黨真的在大力推動這件事。
push for努力爭取、積極推動
Ivy: Really? Which holidays are they talking about?
艾薇:真的嗎?他們說的是哪些假期呢?
Joe: They’re talking about Teacher’s Day, Constitution Day, Labor Day... even the day before New Year’s Eve! They want to make them all holidays again.
喬:他們說的是教師節、行憲紀念日、勞動節⋯⋯甚至是小年夜!他們想把這些日子都變回假期。
labor(n.)勞工
Ivy: That sounds great! But why now?
艾薇:聽起來不錯!但為什麼是現在呢?
Joe: Well, the workers have been waiting for eight years. It’s like, “You worked hard, now it’s time for some rest!”
喬:嗯,勞工們已經等了八年了。就像是說,「你們辛苦了,現在該休息一下了!」
have/has been V-ing現在完成進行式rest(n.)休息
Ivy: Haha, I love that! More holidays mean more time to relax… or maybe more shopping!
艾薇:哈哈,我喜歡這樣!更多假期代表更多時間放鬆⋯⋯或者是多一點時間去購物!
relax(v.)放鬆、休息relaxed(adj.)感到放鬆的clear one’s mind清空思緒take it easy放輕鬆
Joe: Exactly! And if you work on those days, you get double pay. It’s a win-win!
喬:對呀!而且如果你在那些日子工作,還會有雙倍薪水。這樣不就是雙贏嗎!
work overtime加班work on sth.致力於某事pay(n.)薪資=salarypay raise加薪win-win雙贏局面、雙方都獲得好處
Ivy: That sounds great! Plus, businesses like hotels and stores will make more money too.
艾薇:聽起來不錯!而且像是飯店和商店這些行業也會賺更多錢。
business(n.)公司、商業機構bring home the bacon賺錢養家
Joe: Yup, everyone benefits. We’re finally getting the break we deserve. Time to celebrate with a vacation plan!
喬:對呀,大家都能受益。我們終於能得到該有的假期了,該開始規劃度假了!
benefit(v.)獲得利益/好處deserve(v.)值得、應得deserve a holiday值得放假celebrate(v.)慶祝celebrate with…用~慶祝
Ivy: I’m so ready for it! I can’t wait to enjoy all those days off!
艾薇:我真的好期待!我等不及要享受那些假日了!
be ready/prepared for…準備好can’t wait to…等不及去做…take a day off休假一天take sick leave請病假annual leave特休paid leave帶薪休假