
賺取更多利息
Alice and Rob are friends. Rob is telling Alice about the new savings account he just opened at the bank.
艾莉絲和羅伯是朋友。羅伯正在跟艾莉絲談論他剛在銀行開的新儲蓄帳戶。
Rob: Sorry, I’m a bit late. I just finished up at the bank.
羅伯:抱歉,我有點遲了,我剛在銀行辦完事。
a bit=a little 有一點,稍微
Alice: Oh, what were you doing there?
艾莉絲:喔,你在那裡做什麽啊?
Rob: I just opened a money market account. I had no clue what one was until today.
羅伯:我剛開了一個貨幣市場帳戶。我直到今天才知道那是什麽。
have no clue 毫無頭緒,一無所知
Alice: Doesn’t that have to do with the stock market?
艾莉絲:那不是跟股市有關的嗎?
have to do with sth.與……有關;have nothing to do with sth.與……沒有關係
Rob: No! That’s what I initially thought, but it is actually a savings account that allows you to earn a higher interest rate than a traditional savings account.
羅伯:不!我起初也是那樣認為,但它其實是一種儲蓄帳戶,能讓你賺取比傳統儲蓄帳戶更高的利率。
initially (adv.)起初,一開始interest (n.)利息
Alice: Really? How can you get a higher interest rate?
艾莉絲:真的嗎?你為什麽能有更高的利率呢?
Rob: It is mostly from the fact that the minimum balance is higher. Since I had a surplus in my regular savings account, it seemed like the best option.
羅伯:最主要的原因是最低餘額限度較高。因為我一般的儲蓄帳戶有多餘的錢,因此這看起來是最佳選擇。
mostly (adv.) 主要地=mainlybalance (n.)餘額since (conj.)因為=becausesurplus (n.)剩餘,多餘;budget surplus 預算盈餘
Alice: Do you have access to your money?
艾莉絲:你能動用你的錢嗎?
access (n.)使用或接觸某東西的權利
Rob: Yep. There are some monthly restrictions, but I can withdraw and transfer money basically when I need to.
羅伯:可以啊,有每月使用的限制,但基本上我需要時就可以取款及轉帳。
restriction (n.)限制,約束travel restrictions 旅遊限制withdraw (v.)領取transfer (v.)轉帳deposit (v.)存款
Alice: That sounds like a good deal.
艾莉絲:聽起來很棒耶。
Rob: I definitely think so. I’m glad that the bank’s financial advisor made the recommendation.
羅伯:我當然也這麼想。我很高興銀行的財務顧問有推薦給我。
a financial advisor 財務顧問=a financial consultant