
誰該洗碗?
David is washing dishes when his mother, Mrs. Chen, sits down with a sigh.
大衛正在洗碗,陳太太坐下,嘆了口氣。
do dishes洗碗dishwasher(n.)洗碗機dish(n.)盤子、碟子、一道菜sigh(n.)嘆氣
Mrs. Chen: David, why are you doing all the housework? You’re a PhD!
陳太太:大衛,你怎麼什麼家事都做?你可是博士啊!
housework(n.)家事PhD=Doctor of Philosophy博士學位
David: Mom, Lisa works late. I have more free time, so I do it.
大衛:媽,麗莎工作到很晚,我時間多,所以家事我來做。
Mrs. Chen: But she only has a bachelor’s degree! Shouldn’t she take care of the house?
陳太太:可是她只有大學學歷,應該她來做家事吧?
bachelor’s degree學士學位、大學學歷bachelor(n.)已獲得學士學位的人take care of照顧、處理
David: Mom, that’s not how it works. Lisa earns more money. Should I quit my job?
大衛: 媽,不是這樣分的。麗莎賺的錢比較多。那我要不要辭職?
earn(v.)賺quit(v.)辭去、放棄
Mrs. Chen: No, that’s different!
陳太太:不,那不一樣!
David: Then housework is different too. We share everything.
大衛:那家事也不一樣,我們是一起分擔的。
Mrs. Chen: But when I was young—
陳太太:可是以前我年輕的時候⋯⋯
David: Mom, times have changed. Rest a bit. I’ll finish the dishes.
大衛:媽,時代不一樣了。你稍微休息一下吧,我來洗碗就好。
times(n.)時代、時期a bit有點、稍微
Mrs. Chen: …Maybe I’ll dry them for you.
陳太太:⋯⋯那我來幫你擦乾吧。
dry(v.)使乾燥、擦乾