
錯失良機
Amber and Brian are friends. Amber saw Brian in the hallway at school.
安柏和布萊恩是朋友。安柏在學校的走廊看到布萊恩。
hallway(n.)走廊
Amber: Brian, what’s the matter?
安柏:布萊恩,你怎麼啦?
what’s the matter=what’s wrong?
Brian: I just did something very stupid.
布萊恩:我剛剛做了一件很白癡的事情。
stupid(adj.)愚蠢的、笨的
Amber: Tell me more.
安柏:快告訴我。
Brian: When I walked by the basketball court, Sarah was watching her friends play basketball.
布萊恩:當我走過籃球場時,莎拉在看她朋友打籃球。
court(n.)場地watch+Vr(Ving)
Amber: Wait. You have a crush on Sarah, don’t you?
安柏:等等,你暗戀莎拉,不是嗎?
have a crush on sb.暗戀、迷戀某人
Brian: Exactly. I wanted to get her attention, so I joined her friends. I was waiting for the right moment. Finally, I got the chance to make a three-pointer. When I tried a jump shot, my pants tore. I forgot I was wearing a pair of very tight jeans.
布萊恩:沒錯。我想引起她注意,所以我加入她朋友打球的行列。我在等待好時機,最後,我逮到投三分球的好機會,在我奮力一跳投出球後,我的褲子破掉了,我忘記我今天穿了一件緊身牛仔褲。
exactly(adv.)一點也沒錯attention(n.)注意moment(n.)時刻、時機a three pointer三分球a jump shot跳投tear(v.)撕開、扯破,tore為過去式
Amber: Did you make the basket?
安柏:你投進了嗎?
basket(n.)籃框,make the basket投籃得分
Brian: No, it was an air ball.
布萊恩:沒有,是個麵包球。
an air ball空心球、麵包球
Amber: Haha. You really made a fool of yourself this time.
安柏:哈哈,你這次真的出糗了。
make a fool of oneself出醜、出洋相