
幸運的下班車
Abby is at the train station.
艾比在火車站。
station(n.)車站
Abby: Excuse me, I just missed my train. I don’t know what to do!
艾比:打擾一下,我剛剛錯過我的火車了;我不知道該怎麼做。
excuse me勞駕、打擾just(adv.)剛剛、剛才know(v.)知道what(pron.)…的
Employee: I see. Which train was it?
員工:我知道了,是哪一班火車呢?
employee(n.)員工、雇員see(v.)明白、了解which(pron.)哪個、哪些
Abby: It was the 10:45 to Zuoying. I got stuck in traffic so I was late. I’m so sorry!
艾比:是10:45到左營的班次,我塞車所以遲到了,非常抱歉。
get(v.)變得、變成stuck(adj.)動不了的、卡住的traffic(n.)交通流量so(conj.)所以、因此late(adj.)遲的、晚的so(adv.)非常、很sorry(adj.)對不起的、抱歉的
Employee: It’s alright ma’am. You can catch the next one.
員工:沒關係的,女士;妳可以搭下一班車。
alright(adj.)好的、可以ma’am(n.)太太、夫人catch(v.)趕、乘next(adj.)下一個的
Abby: Do I have to buy a new ticket? It’s so expensive.
艾比:我必須買新的車票嗎?車票很貴耶。
buy(v.)買new(adj.)新的ticket(n.)票、券、車票expensive(adj.)昂貴的
Employee: No, you can take a later train at no extra charge, but you will lose your seat reservation.
員工:不用,妳可以搭較晚的車次不需要額外收費,但妳會失去你的座位。
take(v.)搭、乘extra(adj.)額外的charge(n.)收費、費用but(conj.)但是lose(v.)失去seat(n.)座位reservation(n.)預約
Abby: What a relief.
艾比:總算鬆了口氣!
what(det.)(用於引出自己的觀點)relief(n.)輕鬆、解脫
Employee: Yes, today it isn’t so busy, so I think you will be able to find somewhere to sit.
員工:是啊,今天乘客比較少,我想妳能夠找到某個位置坐的。
today(adv.)今天busy(adj.)熱鬧的、熙熙攘攘的think(v.)認為able(adj.)能夠find(v.)找到、發現somewhere(pron.)某處sit(v.)坐
Abby: Phew, when is the next train to Zuoying then?
艾比:呼!那到左營的下一個班次是什麼時候呢?
phew(excl.)啊、哎when(adv.)何時then(adv.)那麼
Employee: The 11:45 at platform 4B.
員工:11:45在4B月台。
platform(n.)月台
Abby: Thanks a lot for your help!
艾比:非常謝謝您的幫助。
thanks(n.)感謝help(n.)幫忙、幫助
Employee: Not at all.
員工:不客氣。