
規矩的女友媽媽
Karen and Lee are a couple. They are having dinner with Karen’s mom.
凱倫和李是一對情侶。他們要和凱倫的媽媽共進晚餐。
Karen: Just so you know, my mom is a stern person.
凱倫:跟你先說聲,我媽媽是一個嚴肅的人。
just so you know跟你說聲、讓你知道一下stern(adj.)嚴厲、嚴肅、serious(adj.)person(n.)一個人
Lee: So?
李:是嗎?
so所以
Karen: You need to mind your p’s and q’s.
凱倫:你要注意一下自己的舉止言行。
Lee: What do you mean? I behave myself.
李:什麼意思?我表現得都很有規矩啊。
behave oneself守規矩、聽話
Karen: To be fair, no.
凱倫:說句公道話,不是這樣。
to be fair講句公道話、說真的、平心而論
Lee: I talk gently, and I never use bad language.
李:我說話很有禮貌,而且我從不說髒話。
gently(adv.)輕柔地never(adv.)從未bad language髒話、難聽的話
Karen: Yeah, but you should never cross your legs and speak while we’re having dinner with my mom.
凱倫:是沒錯,但是和我媽一起吃飯時,千萬不要翹腳和或邊吃飯邊講話。
cross(v.)使…交叉
Lee: Oh! Thanks for reminding me of that.
李:哦!謝謝你提醒我。
remind(v.)提醒
Karen: Are you ready?
凱倫:你準備好了嗎?
Lee: Yes. Let’s go to the restaurant.
李:嗯嗯,我們去餐廳吧。
restaurant(n.)餐廳