
中秋烤肉之夜
Avi and Ruth are friends. They are talking about the barbecue they are having during this upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival.
阿維和露絲是朋友。他們正在討論要在即將到來的中秋節烤肉。
upcoming(adj.)即將到來的
Avi: Hey, Ruth, are you looking forward to our Mid-Autumn Festival barbecue?
阿維:嗨,露絲,你期待我們的中秋節烤肉嗎?
look forward to something期待某件事
Ruth: Yes, Avi! I can’t wait. What’s on the menu?
露絲:是的,阿維!我迫不及待了。菜單上有什麼?
can’t wait等不及
Avi: I was thinking chicken, sausages, and some veggies. How do you feel about corn on the cob?
阿維:我想烤雞肉、香腸和一些蔬菜。你覺得烤玉米如何?
sausage(n.)香腸veggie(n.)(adj.)素食者、素食的corn on the cob烤玉米
Ruth: Corn sounds delicious! And we’ll need some charcoal for the grill, right?
露絲:玉米聽起來就很好吃!我們用烤肉架也需要準備一些木炭,對吧?
sound(v.)聽起來charcoal(n.)木炭、炭筆grill(n.)(爐具的)烤架、燒烤
Avi: Yep, I’ve got the charcoal. Any barbecue sauce you prefer?
阿維:對的,我已經準備好木炭了。你有比較喜歡的烤肉醬嗎?
sauce(n.)醬料savoury(adj.)鹹的=savoryprefer(v.)偏好、寧可、更喜愛
Ruth: I like the one with sweet and spicy flavors. How about you?
露絲:我喜歡甜辣口味的。你呢?
spicy(adj.)辣的spice(n.)醬料、香料flavor(n.)味道=taste
Avi: That one works for me too. This barbecue night is going to be amazing!
阿維:我也喜歡甜辣口味的。這個烤肉之夜會很棒的!
work for somebody適合某人
Ruth: You know, it’s not just a family thing this year; people are bringing back barbecue parties with friends, just like before COVID.
露絲:你知道嗎,今年烤肉不只是家庭活動,大家也會和朋友一起重新舉辦烤肉派對,就像疫情前一樣。
bring something back恢復、把~帶回來
Avi: That’s awesome! It seems like everyone is making up for the past three years just like us!
阿維:太棒了!似乎大家都跟我們一樣,想要把過去三年來沒烤的肉全部給補回來!
awesome(adj.)很棒的make up for something彌補、補償某事