
6.72億美元傳奇
Danny and Donna are friends. Danny is very into football.
丹尼和唐娜是朋友。丹尼非常喜歡足球。
be into sth.非常喜歡football=soccer足球
Danny: I just saw something shocking.
丹尼:我剛看到令人震驚的消息。
shocking(adj.)令人震驚的
Donna: What is it?
唐娜:什麼事?
Danny: You know Lionel Messi? The football legend from Argentina?
丹尼:你知道梅西嗎?來自阿根廷的足球傳奇?
legend(n.)傳奇人物、民俗傳奇
Donna: Yeah, what about him?
唐娜:知道,他怎麼了?
Danny: A Spanish newspaper, El Mundo, revealed his contract money. Guess how much it is!
丹尼:西班牙報紙《世界報》揭露了他合約款項。猜猜他值多少錢!
reveal(v.)揭露
Donna: I have no idea and I don’t really care, to be honest.
唐娜:老實說,我不知道,我也不在乎。
care(v.)在乎to be honest=to be frank坦白說
Danny: You’re a wet blanket. It’s a $672 million contract. It makes him the highest-paid athlete ever.
丹尼:你很掃興欸。那合約可是高達6.72億美元,讓他成為有史以來合約收入最高的運動員。
wet blanket掃興的人highest-paid收入最高athlete(n.)運動員
Donna: That’s a lot, but was it right to publish it?
唐娜:真的好多,但是公布這個是對的嗎?
publish(v.)出版、公布、publisher(n.)出版商
Danny: No, it’s not. Barcelona, the club, has said that it would take legal action against the newspaper.
丹尼:不,所以巴塞球會已經表示要對世界報採取法律行動。
club(n.)球會take action採取行動legal(adj.)法律的against(prep.)對上、反對、play against對打、vote against投票反對、against the law違法、against the rule違規