
一起吃紅蛋
Roger is visiting his friend Angie. Angie has a new baby boy.
羅傑正在拜訪他的朋友安姬。安姬的兒子剛出生。
be born出生be born in+月份/年份be born on+日期
Roger: Hi, Angie! I can’t believe he is already a month old! Congratulations!
羅傑:嗨,安姬!我不敢相信他已經滿月了!恭喜妳!
already(adv.)已經
Angie: Thank you, Roger! Time flies so fast. Please, come in and sit down.
安姬:謝謝你,羅傑!時間過得真快。請進來坐。
time flies時間飛逝、一下子就過去了
Roger: He is so cute. Is he a good baby? Does he sleep a lot?
羅傑:他好可愛喔。他乖嗎?他很常睡覺嗎?
a lot常常、非常
Angie: No, he doesn’t! He wakes up at 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. every day. I am very tired.
安姬:才沒有呢!他每天凌晨兩點和五點都會醒來。我非常累。
wake up醒來wake sb. up把某人叫醒
Roger: Oh no! Poor Angie. That is hard work, but look — he has your eyes!
羅傑:噢不!可憐的安姬。那真的很辛苦,但你看——他的眼睛很像妳!
poor(adj.)可憐的、貧窮的、差的、不好的hard work辛苦的事、苦差事
Angie: Do you think so? I think he has his father’s nose.
安姬:你覺得是這樣嗎?我覺得他的鼻子像他爸爸。
nose(n.)鼻子high/straight nose高挺的鼻子
Roger: Maybe! Anyway, I have a small gift for him. I hope he likes it.
羅傑:可能喔!無論如何,我有一份小禮物要給他,希望他會喜歡。
a gift for sb.給某人的禮物
Angie: That is so kind of you! Thank you. Oh, please have some red eggs and cake.
安姬:你真好!謝謝你。噢,請吃些紅蛋和蛋糕吧。
adj. of sb.某人表現出……特質
Roger: Thanks! Are these red eggs for his Full Month? They look delicious.
羅傑: 謝謝!這些是為了他滿月準備的紅蛋嗎?看起來很好吃。
month(n.)月this month這個月/last month上個月/next month下個月
Angie: Yes. In Taiwan, we eat red eggs for good luck and new life.
安姬:對呀。在台灣,我們吃紅蛋是象徵好運和新生命。
luck(n.)好運lucky(adj.)好運的
Roger: That is very interesting. Happy one-month birthday to little Lucas!
羅傑:那真有意思。祝小盧卡斯滿月快樂!
interesting(adj.)令人覺得有趣的
Angie: Thank you, Roger. Let’s eat together and talk more!
安姬:謝謝羅傑。我們一起吃,再多聊一點吧!