
只想留下好印象
Troy and Nicole are a couple. They will have a dinner to meet with Nicole’s best friends tonight.
特洛伊跟妮可是情侶檔。他們今晚要跟妮可的死黨們吃飯。
couple(n.)情侶、夫妻
Troy: We should go through all your girls’ names again.
特洛伊:我們再來點一次名字。
go through再過一次事項等等、清點
Nicole: Sure. Are you nervous about meeting them?
妮可:好啊。跟她們見面你會緊張嗎?
nervous(adj.)緊張的
Troy: I want to leave a good impression.
特洛伊:我只想留下好印象。
leave a good impression留下好印象、first impression第一印象
Nicole: Don’t worry. They are all happy to finally meet you.
妮可:別擔心。她們都很開心可以終於見到你本人。
Troy: So there will be three in total, because Izzy, who is studying marketing in London, can’t make it tonight.
特洛伊:所以來吃飯的總共有三個人,因為伊茲去英國讀行銷了,今晚無法到。
in total總共marketing行銷make it能夠、成功
Nicole: Yes, she won’t be back until next year.
妮可:沒錯,她明年才會回來。
Troy: There’s Anne, whose pet is a rabbit, and Amy, who recently dumped her boyfriend.
特洛伊:還有養兔子的安以及最近分手的艾咪。
whose誰的dump(v.)甩了、傾倒
Nicole: Yes, he cheated on her. It got nasty at the end. I’ll leave it at that. And Anne has a hamster, not a rabbit.
妮可:對,她男朋友劈腿,他們最後分的很難看,我點到為止就好,。然後安養的的倉鼠,不是兔子。
cheat(v.)劈腿偷吃、作弊nasty(adj.)噁心的、事情變得不太好看leave it at that就不多說了hamster(n.)倉鼠
Troy: Okay, and there’s Nicki, who has a loud voice.
特洛伊:好,還有最後的講話很大聲的妮基。
loud voice大嗓門
Nicole: Good job! Trust me, it’ll be fun.
妮可:做的好,相信我,晚餐一定會開心。