
藥局外送處方藥
Linda and Alex are having lunch. Alex notices that Linda looks a bit down.
琳達和艾力克斯正在吃午餐。艾力克斯注意到琳達看起來有點低落。
notice(v.)注意到look down=看起來心情不好
Alex: What’s wrong, Linda? Is there something on your mind?
艾力克斯:怎麼了,琳達?你有什麼心事嗎?
sth. on your mind=有心事
Linda: My mom tested positive for COVID yesterday.
琳達:我媽昨天確診新冠肺炎了。
test(v.) 檢測
Alex: I’m sorry to hear that. Is she okay?
艾力克斯:很遺憾聽到這樣的消息。她還好嗎?
Linda: She’s fine, but she needs to stay home for ten days.
琳達:她沒事,但她需要在家裡待十天。
quarantine(v.)隔離
Alex: I see. Then why do you still look so worried?
艾力克斯:原來如此。那麼妳怎麼看起來還是這麼擔憂的樣子?
worry(v.)擔憂
Linda: My mom needs to get prescribed medicine every week, but she can’t leave her home now. I don’t know how to help her because I don’t live with her.
琳達:我媽每週都需要拿處方藥,但她現在沒辦法離開她家。加上我又不和她同住,我不知道怎麼幫她。
prescribe(v.)開藥
Alex: I saw on the news that if you have a prescription, you can use an app to contact your local pharmacy, and they can deliver the medicine to your door.
艾力克斯:我在新聞上看到如果你有處方箋,你可以用一個應用程式先跟你當地的藥局聯繫。然後他們就會將藥送到你門前。
application(n.)應用程式local(adj.)當地的drugstore(n.)藥妝店
Linda: Really? That would save the day.
琳達:真的嗎?那可就幫了我大忙。
Alex: Exactly. You should search online for more details.
艾力克斯:沒錯。你該上網搜尋更多細節。
detail(n.)細節