
早起搶美味!
Jimmy and Olivia are friends. They are chatting.
吉米和奧莉維亞是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Jimmy: Olivia! Guess what? McDonald’s brought back the McGriddles for breakfast!
吉米:奧莉維亞,妳猜怎麼著?麥當勞又推出厚鬆餅堡早餐了!
bring back重新推出、帶回來、喚起記憶
Olivia: No way! You mean the thick pancake burgers everyone was talking about last year?
奧莉維亞:真的假的!你是說去年大家搶著買的厚鬆餅堡嗎?
pancake(n.)鬆餅thick(adj.)厚的thin(adj.)薄的
Jimmy: Exactly! I went early this morning, and there was already a line before the store opened.
吉米:沒錯!我今天一大早就去了,結果店還沒開就已經有人在排隊了。
line(v.)(n.)排隊、隊伍、行列queue(n.)隊伍(v.)排隊
Olivia: Seriously? How early did you get there?
奧莉維亞:認真?你幾點到的?
Jimmy: Around 6:10 a.m. I thought I was early, but at least ten people were already waiting!
吉米:大約早上6點10分。我以為我已經夠早了,結果現場至少有十個人在等!
at least至少、最起碼already(adv.)已經、早已
Olivia: That’s wild. Did you get one?
奧莉維亞:太誇張了。你有買到嗎?
Jimmy: Yep! I had the pork and egg McGriddles. The sweet maple pancake with the salty meat was amazing.
吉米:有啊!我吃的是豬肉蛋厚鬆餅堡。楓糖風味的甜鬆餅配上鹹鹹的豬肉,超好吃!
salty(adj.)鹹的pound(n.)磅a piece/slice of…一塊/片~
Olivia: Sounds delicious! I remember people were lining up at 5 a.m. last year and still missed out.
奧莉維亞:聽起來好讚!我記得去年很多人早上五點就去排隊,結果還是買不到。
miss out錯過
Jimmy: I know! That’s why McDonald’s made three times more this time — over two million!
吉米:我知道!所以這次麥當勞準備了3倍的數量,超過2百萬份!
time(n.)倍(數)數字+million幾百萬millions of…上百萬的~、數百萬的~thousands of…上千的、數以千計的~
Olivia: I’m definitely going tomorrow. Any advice?
奧莉維亞:我明天一定要去買。你有什麼建議嗎?
definitely(adv.)一定、絕對take one’s advice聽取某人的建議
Jimmy: Just don’t sleep in!
吉米:別睡太晚就對了!
sleep in睡懶覺