
付押金隨時歸還
Manny is buying burgers at McDonald’s.
曼尼在麥當勞買漢堡。
Clerk: For here or to go?
店員:內用還是外帶?
for here or to go內用還是外帶、dine in or take out
Manny: To go.
曼尼:外帶。
Clerk: Would you like a reusable plastic cup? You only need to pay a small deposit.
店員:要不要來一個可重複使用的塑膠杯?只需要付少少的押金喔。
deposit(n.)押金
Manny: What is the difference between the typical paper cups and this?
曼尼:這跟一般的紙杯有什麼差別?
difference(n.)差異、different(adj.)不一樣的typical(adj.)典型的
Clerk: It’s our new plan to recycle more cups. You can return the cup at any McDonald’s restaurant.
店員:這是我們為了能夠回收更多杯子的新計劃。顧客可以在任何麥當勞餐歸還杯子。
recycle(v.)回收return(v.)歸還
Manny: Do I need to wash the cup?
曼尼:我需要洗杯子嗎?
Clerk: No, we’ll do that for you. You can also return the cup at different locations, including some local supermarkets.
店員:不,我們會洗好,也可以在其他地方還杯子,例如當地的超級市場。
location(n.)位置including包含local(adj.)當地的
Manny: So convenient!
曼尼:太方便了!
convenient(adj.)方便的
Clerk: Yes, and it’s good for the environment.
店員:沒錯,這樣也對環境有好處。
environment(n.)環境
Manny: I’ll have one then.
曼尼:那我要一個杯子。