
罪惡的食物
Megan and Ian are colleagues. They are both at McDonald’s.
梅根和伊恩是同事。他們都在麥當勞。
Megan: Hey! Are you here buying breakfast as well?
梅根:嘿!你也在這買早餐嗎?
Ian: Yes. I came here to get a hash brown as soon as I heard the news.
伊恩:嗯嗯。我一聽到消息就來這裡買薯餅。
as soon as一…如何
Megan: What news?
梅根:什麼消息?
Ian: They are running out of hash browns.
伊恩:麥當勞的薯餅要沒了。
run out of sth.用罄、用完
Megan: Oh my gosh. Why? They are my favorite comfort food.
梅根:哦,天哪。為什麼?那是我最喜歡的罪惡食物。
comfort food罪惡食物
Ian: The global shipping supply is very unstable right now. After hash browns are sold out, we can no longer enjoy them.
伊恩:現在全球航運供應非常不穩定,剩下的薯餅一旦賣完後,我們就不能再享用薯餅了。
global(adj.)全球supply(n.)供給、供應、supplies日常用品unstable(adj.)不穩定的sold out賣光
Megan: Then I must have one for breakfast today. When will the supply be normal again?
梅根:那我今天早餐一定要來一份。什麼時候供應會恢復正常?
normal(adj.)正常的
Ian: Hmm. Maybe by late January, but no one can say for sure right now.
伊恩:嗯。也許一月下旬之前,但現在沒有人能肯定啦。
Megan: This has ruined my day. I can’t live without hash browns!
梅根:今天也太糟糕。沒有薯餅我真的活不下去!
ruin(v.)摧毀can′t live without sth.沒有什麼就活不下去
Ian: I know. It’s our turn. Let’s get our last hash browns.
伊恩:我知道。輪到我們了。讓我們來吃最後一份薯餅吧。