
熬夜照顧寶寶
Karl has recently become a father. He and Will are chatting.
卡爾最近當上爸爸。他和威爾在聊天。
recently(adv.)最近
Karl: I keep yawning. I haven’t been getting enough sleep lately.
卡爾:我一直打哈欠。我最近都睡眠不足。
yawn(v.)打哈欠lately=recently
Will: Right! How’s the baby? It must have been tiring to look after the baby.
威爾:對!寶寶好嗎?照顧嬰兒一定很累。
must have been一定是、過去式look after照顧
Karl: You don’t say. My wife and I have to take turns to watch him at night.
卡爾:真的。我和太太晚上必須輪流照顧他。
you don′t say還用說、沒錯take turns輪流at night晚上時
Will: Did you apply for the maternity benefits?
威爾:你有去申請育兒津貼嗎?
apply for申請
Karl: What’s that?
卡爾:那是什麼?
Will: It’s a subsidy from the government to raise children.
威爾:政府用來補貼撫養孩子的津貼。
subsidy(n.)補助款government(n.)政府
Karl: I didn’t know about it.
卡爾:我還真的不知道呢。
Will: I heard that the government is going to raise the amount of the benefits to NT$5,000 per month.
威爾:我聽說政府要把津貼提高到每月五千元。
amount(n.)數量、數目、用於不可數
Karl: That’s not bad. I will talk to my wife about it.
卡爾:那還不錯。我來跟太太說。