
甜點大災難
Maddie and Richard are chatting. They are baking a cake in the kitchen.
麥蒂和理查在聊天,他們在廚房裡烤蛋糕。
cake(n.)蛋糕、cheese cake起司蛋糕、wedding cake結婚蛋糕、cupcake杯子蛋糕、honey cake蜂蜜蛋糕kitchen(n.)廚房
Maddie: We only need to wait a few more minutes, and then our cake is done.
麥蒂:再過幾分鐘我們的蛋糕就烤好了。
a few minutes幾分鐘sth. is done.什麼東西好了、完成了
Richard: Finally! It smells so good.
理查:終於,聞起來很香。
smell(v.)聞起來+adj. or +like+n.
Maddie: I told you it wasn’t too hard.
麥蒂:我就跟你說沒有那麼難。
tell-told-told(v.)告訴hard(adj.)困難
Richard: I guess not. My sister and I made dessert once and it was a total disaster.
理查:可能吧,我有一次跟我妹妹做甜點,那真是是個大災難。
I guess not.我猜不是dessert(n.)甜點、desert(n.)沙漠total(adj.)全然的disaster(n.)災難
Maddie: Why?
麥蒂:為什麼?
Richard: Something went wrong. Our lemon tart just looked different.
理查:就是一些地方出了差錯。我們的檸檬塔看起來就是不一樣。
go wrong出錯go-went-gonelemon tart檸檬塔、tart(n.)塔(甜點)、tower(n.)高塔look(v.)看起來+adj. or +like+n.different(adj.)不一樣
Maddie: How did the tart taste?
麥蒂:那它吃起來如何?
taste(v.)嘗起來+adj. or +like+n.
Richard: It was way too sour. We put too much lemon juice in it.
理查:太酸了,我們加了太多檸檬汁。
way too太sour(adj.)酸put-put-put(v.)放lemon juice檸檬汁
Maddie: Well, practice makes perfect.
麥蒂:只能說熟能生巧。
practice makes perfect熟能生巧
Richard: I think so, too.
理查:我也是這樣想。
I think so, too.我也這麼認為