
鍛鍊發生意外插曲
Thursday, May 14th
5月14日星期四
Dear Diary,
親愛的日記:
Today was a normal day, but it ended badly.
今天是普通的一天,但結果不好。
normal(adj.)正常的、普通的
I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and went to the gym.
我早上6點起床,然後去健身房。
wake sb. up叫醒某人group class studio團課教室stretching area拉伸區
I go to the gym four times a week because I want to be strong.
我每週去健身房四次,因為我想變強壯。
strong(adj.)強壯的、濃的、強烈的
First, I did a 10-minute warm-up on the treadmill.
一開始,我在跑步機上熱身10分鐘。
warm-up暖身treadmill(n.)跑步機stationary/exercise bike飛輪腳踏車rowing machine划船機
Everything felt OK.
一切都感覺還好。
Then I started my back workout.
然後我開始練背部。
full-body workout全身訓練daily workout每日鍛煉
I felt strong, so I tried to lift a very heavy weight.
我覺得自己很強,所以我試著舉起一個非常重的重量。
weight(n.)重量put on weight變胖、增重/lose weight減肥lightweight(adj.)輕量的
Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my back.
突然間,我感到背部一陣劇痛。
pain(n.)疼痛in pain處於疼痛中pain in the neck討厭的人、麻煩事
“Ouch! It hurts!” I said.
「啊!好痛!」我說。
My coach came to help me.
教練過來幫我。
He said, “Marcus, stop. Don’t push it.”
他說:「馬庫斯,停下來。不要硬撐。」
In the afternoon, I went to see a doctor.
下午,我去看了醫生。
The doctor looked at my back and said I pulled a muscle.
醫生看了我的背,說我肌肉拉傷了。
pull a muscle拉傷肌肉
I need to rest for two weeks.
我需要休息兩週。
rest up好好休息、恢復體力rest easy不用擔心
No gym. No heavy lifting.
不能去健身房,也不能做重訓。
I feel sad because I like training.
我覺得難過,因為我喜歡健身。
train to do sth.訓練去做某事train for+目標:為~訓練
Now I stay at home and watch TV.
現在我待在家裡看電視。
I hope my back gets better soon.
我希望我的背快點好起來。
— Marcus
—馬庫斯