
端午節連續假期
Bill and Daisy are chatting in the classroom.
比利和黛西在教室聊天。
classroom(n.)教室
Bill: What do you want to do after school tomorrow? It’s Friday!
比利:你明天放學後想做什麼?明天就是週五了!
after school放學後tomorrow(n.)明天
Daisy: I’m thinking about taking the Maokong Gondola.
黛西:我在想要不要去搭貓空纜車。
think about N(Ving)考慮、想著take(v.)搭乘
Bill: Good idea. I heard that we can pay the fare using easycard. It’s quite convenient.
比利:好主意,我聽說可以用悠遊卡付搭貓纜的車資,還蠻方便的。
hear(v.)聽說fare(n.)車資quite(adv.)=really=very很、頗convenient(adj.)方便的
Daisy: How about the service time? Is it open at night?
黛西:服務時間呢?晚上有開嗎?
how about N(Ving)=what about那~呢?service(n.)服務
Bill: Yes, it stays open until 9pm.
比利:有,他們開到九點。
stay(v.)保持~狀態
Daisy: Oh, no.
黛西:喔,不。
Bill: What’s up?
比利:怎麼了?
What’s up?=What’s wrong=What’s the matter?怎麼了
Daisy: I was just checking the website for the Maokong Gondola for more information. It turns out that service will be suspended from tomorrow to June 4.
黛西:我在查貓纜網站的資訊,結果貓纜明天開始暫停營運到六月四號。
check(v.)查看information(n.)資訊it turns out that結果是~suspend(v.)暫停、中止
Bill: In that case, I guess we’ll have to put off our plan to Dragon Boat Festival.
比利:如果是這樣的話,我想我們只能將計畫延到端午節了。
in that case=if that’s the case如果是這樣的話guess(v.)猜想have to必須put off將~延期
Daisy: I’m afraid so.
黛西:也只能這樣了。
I’m afraid恐怕